Emergency Numbers are listed in the Front of all Telephone Directories
- U.S. Embassy: 71. 107.000
- Tunis Carthage Airport: 71.848.000 – 71.840.023
- Info Vols : 1817
- Allo Taxi: 71.783.311 - 71.840.840
- Allo Rapide Taxi : 25.837.000 - 25.837.083
- Police Emergency: 197
- Fire Department (pompiers): 198
- Emergency Medical Team/Ambulance (SAMU): 190
- Allo Docteur / Ambulance : 71.780.000 - 71.781.000
- Tunisie Ambulance : 71.725.555
- Hospital: Charles Nicolle Hospital, Tunis: 71.570.011 - 71.764.066 - 71.579.346
- Hospital Mongi Slim, La Marsa: 70.939.066 - 70.939.033
- Anti-Poison Center: 71.335.500
- CAMU ( Centre Assistance Medicale Urgente) : 71.341.807 - 71.330.670
- Burn Center at Hospital: 71.389.546 - 71.389.533
- Hôpital D’Enfants (Children, Emergency Care): 71.261.044 71.570.487
- Dentists:Tunis: Dr. Mustapha Ben Aissa: 71.288.010 - 71.792.003 - 40.430.505
- Doctor : Leila Makhlouf - 71.875.141 - 22.604.274 Solange Laaroussi : 71.343.753 - 98.323.237
- Lab:Tunis: Dr. Enneifer, 4 Ave des Etats-Unis: 71.801.000 - 71.785.591
- Lab: Tunis: Institut Pasteur, Place Pasteur: 71.840.296 - 71.840.716
Further contact information for hospitals, doctors, and other medical practitioners is available from the consular section.
Emergency Contact Information
For Emergencies involving U.S. citizens in Tunisia, e.g. death, arrest, or serious medical emergency please use the following contact numbers.
During normal business hours (Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm), please call +216-71-107-000. Press “0” for the operator and ask for American Citizen Services and state that you calling regarding an emergency. Tunisia is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (EST) or 5 hours ahead of Easter Daylight Time (EDT).
Other times (before 8:00 am or after 5:00 pm or on weekends or holidays), please call +216-71-107-000. Press “0” for the operator and ask for the Embassy Duty officer. Please state that you are calling regarding an emergency and be prepared to provide a phone number where you can be reached.